- Jan 4, 2021
- 0 Comment
Does CBD Oil Fail Drug Test?
CBD oil, also known as Cannabidiol oil, is a type of cannabinoid that is naturally found in marijuana and hemp plants. They are extracted as powder or as oil that can be used for medicinal purposes. However, to understand the question “does CBD oil fail drug test?”, let’s first learn a bit more about CBD oil.
The benefits of CBD
CBD oil can be taken orally in a capsule or mixed with a gel. Though not completely legal yet across US, there are studies and research that are supporting CBD’s naturally healing medical benefits, some of which include:
- Pain relief – Studies have shown that CBD helps in reducing inflammation, and thus helping in managing pain from arthritis, muscle plain, and any other chronic pain
- Effective while treating cancer – CBD has proven effective in reducing the side effects of chemotherapy. It has also been effective in reducing the intensity of pain that one goes through during cancer treatments. Studies are also investigating how it can help prevent cancer cell growth.
- Relieving anxiety – Researchers have found that using CBD can help change our brain’s response to serotonin, a chemical produced by the nerves cells and linked to mental health. Studies have proven that a 600 mg dose of CBD has helped in reducing anxiety, reducing increased heart rate due to anxiety and insomnia. It has also greatly helped in improving the overall mental health of individuals suffering from depression.
- Heart health – Recent research has proven several benefits of CBD in its ability to lower blood pressure, thus overall benefiting the heart and the circulatory system
What can cause CBD oil to fail a drug test
These factors greatly depend on how good the quality of CBD oil is and what ingredients it includes. The biggest factor that determines CBD oil failing a drug test is the presence of THC. Some CBD products can contain high amounts of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). As drug tests mainly trace THC, the present of THC can show a positive result on a drug test. However, keep in mind that CBD products in the United States are only legally allowed to contain up to .3% THC, which is not enough to produce the psychoactive effect of the chemical.
How to ensure that usage of CBD oil will not make you fail a drug test
Blood tests and other drug detecting tests do not trace CBD as it has no intoxicating effects. However, they may be able to trace THC if found in the CBD product you consumed. When purchasing CBD oil, its best to ensure the following:
- Reputed Brand – CBD oil that you purchase is from a reputed brand and does not have THC in it.
- Lab Report – Reading the lab report will give you an idea on the quality and ingredients of the CBD oil. Good brands have these available on their website.
- Checking Reviews – It’s important to read reviews about the CBD oil from third party laboratories and ensure they have passed all inspections. Also reading customer reviews will give you a fair bit of idea on the quality of the product.
- Purchase from a known source – It’s essential that you purchase CBD oil from well known sources, as you know they will not sell you something which isn’t the right thing for you.
In conclusion, it should be pointed out that usage of pure CBD oil does not fail a drug test. It is only when there is a presence of THC that CBD oil could make you fail a drug test.