Is CBD Good For Lupus?
Systemic lupus erythematosus is one of the most complex autoimmune diseases in America, which causes the body to develop antibodies to its own DNA. It is a common disease, with several million people worldwide having systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). It mostly affects women. Medicine still unknown the exact cause of the disease. However, many of the factors that give to its occurrence are well understood. In this article, we will examine the question, Is CBD good for Lupus?
What is Lupus?
Due to its complexity, Josef Smolen from the Wiener Allgemeine Krankenhaus (AKH) called systemic lupus erythematosus “the most complex disease in the world” at the 2015 congress devoted to the disease.
Lupus cannot now be cured, but it is possible to achieve a deep remission with the right personal choice of supportive therapy. The patient can live with lupus simply as with a chronic disease.
The team of doctors must adjust treatment for various changes in the patient’s condition. The fact is that the coordinated work of a multidisciplinary team of medical professionals is extremely important in lupus therapy: a family physician, rheumatologist, immunologist, psychologist, and often a nephrologist, dermatologist, neurologist.
To cure lupus, it will be necessary to suppress and reduce symptoms and to support a healthy emotional state for the patient.
CBD to treat lupus
At this time, CBD has not been proven for effective and safe treatment of lupus. More research is now in progress to find the effects of CBD, which may lead to a definitive conclusion as to whether CBD oil is effective in treating lupus.
However, a number of patients, studies, and doctors are claiming that CBD can help treat a number of conditions. CBD is an analgesic – helps reduce pain; reduces inflammation; slows cancer cell growth; and reduces psychotic symptoms.
These are symptoms of lupus that CBD can suppress:
1) Inflammation. CBD has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve swelling. When the body absorbs CBD, it can interact with ECS to suppress the release of substances that cause swelling.
2) Lupus is present with characteristic pain. Several factors are causing the pain. Lupus affects the joints in almost all patients, most commonly the carpal, finger, knee, and foot joints. Migrating muscle pain of varying intensity is a very common symptom of lupus. The pain can run throughout the body including the lungs, kidneys, stomach and skin. Studies show that CBD oil in its pure form is safe and effective against inflammation and pain.
3) CBD also suppresses certain components of the immune system. Due to the way it affects the immune system, CBD oil can help calm the abnormal immune response common to lupus.
4) By combining THC and CBD in full-spectrum CBD oil is effective for gastrointestinal distress. It can cure nausea caused by prescription lupus medications. Moreover, CBD improves the gastrointestinal condition.
5) Lupus often causes poor emotional health, stress, and anxiety. Medications treat anxiety and stress during lupus, but they cause side effects. It causes sleepiness, apathy, insomnia, and migraine. Moreover, medications such as benzodiazepines are addictive and lead to substance abuse.
CBD is well-known for its calming and anti-inflammatory effects. People are simply calming down.
CBD oil has many positive effects to treat depression and anxiety. Researchers found that a 300 mg dose of CBD was most effective in reducing anxiety.
CBD also has an exact antidepressant effect. These qualities relate to the oil’s ability to affect the brain’s serotonin receptors, a special neurotransmitter that regulates mood and social behavior.
Medicine has not studied all the properties of CBD. Even so, because of its miraculous properties, CBD can ease the burden of living with lupus.