Shop Now

Free Shipping on all Orders Over $99

Home > Blog > CBD Oil > Whole Plant CBD Rich Oil Extract: What is it?
CBD tinctures - Panda CBD

Whole Plant CBD Rich Oil Extract: What is it?

CBD and hemp oil products are among the most significant health trends of the 21 century. We are told that cannabidiol is a remedy for the symptoms of some of the most serious health conditions such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases, and clinical studies confirm those claims. However, what we are not told is that CBD oils come in a variety of types, consumption forms, and compositions. A product we deem potent and effective might turn out useless in practice simply because it’s the wrong type.

 

Manufacturers heavily promote hemp-derived products, but they often forget to elaborate on their content. As a result, the terms “whole plant CBD” or “single-molecule CBD” tell nothing to a regular consumer. Meanwhile, there is a huge difference between those concepts, although both refer to cannabidiol products. So it’s time to learn what whole plant CBD rich oil extract is and how it differs from its counterparts.

 

Whole Plant and Single-Molecule CBD 

Let’s start with the latter. Its name suggests that its content features only CBD (that’s why it’s often called CBD isolate). More precisely, it’s about 99.5% of pure CBD extract. The remaining 0.5% is residual substances — they were in the cannabis plant but the production process removed them almost completely.

 

It would seem that an almost pure extract is great, why do we need some impurities altogether? In fact, these “impurities” are what makes CBD oil so effective. Aromatic compounds, trace elements, vitamins, flavonoids, unsaturated fatty acids, proteins, and many other substances are the building blocks of the hemp plant. Once in our bodies, they help enhance the potency of cannabidiol. This is the so-called entourage effect. Only whole plant CBD rich oil extracts are able to provide it.

 

To obtain whole-plant CBD oil, manufacturers use all parts of the hemp plant without removing or modifying anything. Hemp contains traces of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a psychoactive compound also found in marijuana. However, the content of this chemical in hemp is very low and it cannot cause any intoxication. Therefore, whole-plant CBD oil (otherwise known as full-spectrum CBC) is legal in most countries.

 

That being said, some people would not like to take THC even in such negligible doses. If you are an athlete or your job makes you undergo drug tests, you will not want to get close to any substances. The demand for THC-free CBD oils gave birth to broad-spectrum CBD products. They are also made of hemp, they also preserve essential components, but they simply don’t have psychoactive substances. Do they offer an entourage effect? Yes, they do. However, it’s less pronounced compared to whole-plant counterparts.

 

Why are Whole Plant CBD Rich Oil Extracts Better? 

The entourage effect means that when a remedy provides greater therapeutic benefits, they arrive faster and last longer. In addition, essential nutrients promote health in general. This is why whole plant CBC oils are often used as health supplements. CBD isolates are not suitable for this role because they simply don’t have any vitamins or minerals.

 

CBD isolates and whole plant extracts are absorbed differently in the body. The former is very sensitive to serving. A little less or a little more than the correct dose and the effect will diminish dramatically (this is called the Bell-Shaped Dose-Response). The right dosage depends on many factors and it’s individual for each person. Therefore, choosing an effective serving is a tall order.

 

Whole plant CBD oil extracts, on the other hand, are dose-dependent. They become more potent as doses increase. In some cases, they even provide a cumulative effect, i.e. cannabidiol continued affecting the body for some time after ceasing the administration.

 

Final Thoughts

Summing up, whole plant CBD rich oil extracts have great potential for reinforcing health and alleviating adverse symptoms. However, do your research to learn how to tell it apart from other hemp-derived products.


Important
This site makes use of cookies which may contain tracking information about visitors. By continuing to browse this site you agree to our use of cookies.